Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hello there!

This has been such a busy month, and I honestly don't know where it's gone.  Everybody I've talked to has said the same thing.  *sigh*  I'm wondering if it's because I'm getting older....  Oh well, at least the weather has been really nice here in Texas, although the pollen has been killer.   Bob and I have been working in the yard a bit before it gets horribly hot.  Here are a few pictures of where we are now.  We still have lots more we want to do, but we've got a good start.







Hopefully everything will take off and grow.  I love watching the flowers bloom and hear the birds singing.  We have a cardinal family that visit us daily, and they are a hoot.  If their food isn't out there at just the right time, they are hollering like crazy.  :)  They remind me of my sweet Mama and my Grandmother.  They both loved cardinals, too. 

Speaking of my yard, remember last month when I was involved in the "Flags on a Stick" blog hop?  Well, I was the lucky winner of the contest where I would win my wish list at Flags on a Stick!  I'm sooooo excited!  The contest was open to all of the bloggers that were in the hop.  Here are the goodies that I was able to get. 

These two garden flags...


 ...and this ADORABLE door mat.
  
You can see the geranium flag hanging in the garden around the tree.  I love geraniums. They are so happy.  :)  Thank you to Mdm. Samm and to Flags on a Stick!  If you like garden flags and other adorable things to decorate your outdoor space, you should pop on over and see what they have to offer. Their shipping and customer service is top notch. :)

I've also been working on a few WIPS, both quilting and cross stitch.  I finished up this little red quilt a few weeks ago.  I was involved in a block exchange back in 1995 (yes, you read that right!), and I finally got them put together and quilted.  LOL  Nothing like waiting forever, huh?


 I also made a few tabletoppers.  I love to switch them around on my tables or hang on the wall.  :)


Since I love coffee and I love red, this one is my favorite.  :)


I've been doing some stitching, too.  Actually I stitch every, single night.  I can't go to sleep without putting in at least a few stitches.  I picked these two pictures up from the framer today.  

This is "Bird in Hand" by Birds of A Feather and is OOP.


I stitched this next one the end of last year and just love it.  I love anything patriotic, primitive and with houses, so this certainly fits that bill.  This was in the February 2004 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine and is by Olde Willow Stitchery.


This next one is "Beekeeper" by Plum Street Samplers.  It was a Limited Edition kit. I will be taking this one to the framer soon.  


I'm still plugging along on my samplers.  I have three more squares on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and that one will be finished.  I WILL finish it this year....I mean, it's only been 10 years since I started it.  LOL


I'm also keeping up (so far) with the SAL for "Snooty Parrot Sampler".  I love this one.  I just need to finish Adam and Eve, and I'll be caught up for the month of April....just under the wire.  :)



I have a few other things stitched, but I haven't done the finishing on them so I'll wait to share those with you.

Have a wonderful "rest of the week", and thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments.  I appreciate each and every one of you.  

Bye for now,
Carolyn

13 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhhh you have a pretty garden :) and love your quilts and still drooling over your framed finishes .... saw them on FB :) love mouse xxxxx

Teresa S. said...

Love your big ferns and the white wicker furniture! Nothing says home like that :)

Annette-California said...

Stunning garden. WOW Congrats on finishing the quilt wip from 1995. Love the design you quilted.
Fantastic framed samplers you stitched. What a very lovely post and I enjoy seeing all your beautiful stitching and garden.
love Annette

Melody said...

Your garden is lovely. I love wicker furniture. We have some as well.

Your stitching finishes are wonderful. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

WOW. I am so jealous of your beautiful weather and perfect garden. I can just imagine spending hours and hours stitching and drinking LOTS of lemonade.

Glad to see your beautiful quilt. Not many people would have bothered to finally put it together after having all the bits and pieces since 1995. But thank god you kept them. Such a beautiful blanket that I just imagine curling up in.

Beautiful stitchy finishes as well and all the WIPs! I'm working on a HUGE project right now and it seems to be never ending. I'd love to be able to so many beautiful finishes to show :)

Have a great week!

Melissa

Robin said...

Carolyn, your yard is gorgeous! I know it brings you a lot of pleasure. Wow, look at your finishes! Go Carolyn! I really like the patriotic design you shared. You can get your Houses finished this year. I know you can!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Robin in Virginia

TinaTx said...

Wow - you have been a busy girl! Your yard looks wonderful. I'm still itching to build some flower beds around here but with underground utilities it complicates things. Seems like every where I want to put flower beds there are utilities right there. I'm trying to get some containers going.
Your stitching is awesome, as usual.
Give me a call when you have some time when you have time to chat - we need to catch up!

Melissa said...

Oh wow, I love all the stitching! It's such a treat to see them. I'll have to dig and find that BOAF one and see if it's still in my stash.

Enjoy your garden before it gets too hot!

Carol said...

What delightful work you do, Carolyn--I so love all of your finished stitching. And I look forward to seeing Houses of HRH all finished up--it is such a great piece!

Jeanne said...

Wow Carolyn - great projects! I did a nine-patch swap with my quilting group a few years ago and it was so much work putting that quilt together - I love it but ended up having shoulder surgery - too much rotary cutting I think! Your quilts and stitching look marvelous.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You showed so many beautiful things I can't even tell which is my favorite! I love, love, love the Beekeeper. My sister has bees so she would love that too. And the coffee table topper - love it! Your quilt from the exchange in 95' is wonderful and yes I have some things that old. :) blessings, marlene

Anne said...

Amazing garden Carolyn! It looks like a great little refuge. Beautiful quilt you finally finished! I have one too that needs to be put together...I'm putting it off! Gorgeous stitching all around. The PSS's Bee keeper is my favourite and it'll look great framed up!

Mdm Samm said...

your garden is really lovely and your dogs certainly look content....now that coffee piece...I love that....totally love it....