Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Christmas, sweet friends!

I have been doing lots of stitching and sewing, but I thought I would give you a little home tour today.  The picture at the top is where I sit and stitch and is a picture of my "cross stitch only/handmade only" tree.  It is a mixture of ornaments that I made and those that I have received from dear friends over the years.  Each and every ornament is a memory for me.  I can remember where I lived, what was going on in my life, who gave it to me, etc.  It's always a stroll down memory lane while decorating.  I treasure it.  :)

So, let's get started on my Christmas tour.


Samplers behind my stitching chair.  They look wonky, but I promise they are straight on the wall.  LOL


This is my dining room.  This tree is done all in red and gold.  



This is my little chunky tree that sits in my hall bathroom.  She's not really "picture worthy", but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, ya know?  This way she can look at herself in the mirror all day.  ;)


This is my little stitchy pillow basket.  I have more that need to be added to this....and will need a bigger basket.   


This is a little miniature doll tree that is in the guest room.  


This tree has Radko/blown glass ornaments on it.  It's one of my favorites.  :)



Jim Shore Santa tree in my entryway.



Snowman tree in my hallway.


Primitive Santa that I made years ago.  He stands as tall as my waist.  Love him!


Some close ups








Merry Christmas!!

18 comments:

Robin said...

Carolyn, what beautiful holiday decor you have! I love your hand-made only tree! Your stitching corner is inspiring.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Robin in Virginia

Lee said...

Impressive! It's a joy to see others who have it together at this time of year...since I don't, lol. Merry Christmas :)

Rita said...

Everything is so beautiful!

Merry Christmas!!

marly said...

You have more trees than I do! To have a theme for each is a great idea and they are all wonderful!

Lumiruusu said...

This must be the most beautifull Christmas Decorated Home I have ever seen.YOur stitching is excellent!! I love the tree with little dolls on it !

Excuse me my funny english and the bad grammar..
Maija ,from Finland

ga447 said...

Beautiful, lots of love and work went into decorating, but I am sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

Barb said...

I really enjoyed the tour. So many beautiful trees and ornaments!!

Catherine said...

What an enjoyable tour! Loved all of your different trees and stitches!

Jennifer M. said...

How beautiful! Love all of the trees! Thanks for sharing pictures of your home with us.

Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

Love all the trees. I thought I was bad decorating every room and having multiple trees. Glad I am not alone. Thanks for sharing.

Melody said...

What beautiful trees! It's always fun when someone does a 'tour'. I love seeing how others decorate. Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

So lovely! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

BrendaS said...

Great post -- LOVED seeing all your Christmas decorations -- just beautiful:)

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Terri said...

You have a beautaiful home and your decorations are awesome! Is that a fireplace in the dining room? So Cool!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Can I come live with you?

Carol said...

Your home looks so warm and welcoming for Christmas, Carolyn!! Love that gorgeous stitching tree and all of those beautiful samplers on your wall!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

Anne said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Carolyn!! Your house looks wonderful with all the holiday decorations!!

Jeanne said...

What lovely photos! I hope you had a great holiday season. I can tell you where my mind is at...for a quick moment I thought your little reindeer ornament said "stash away all" LOL. Maybe not a bad idea..... Happy new year!