Thursday, October 31, 2013

Boo!




Well, it won't be long now before the fall decorations will be coming down and Christmas will go up.  I'm getting old....seriously.  When I was young, it seemed like it took forever and three days for Christmas to get here.  Now it seems like I just put the decorations away from last year.  *sigh*

I've been playing around a bit in my sewing room and doing some stitching.  First I will share some embroidered/appliqued towels that I've been making.  All of the pictures should be clickable for a larger view.







I love making the towels.  They've been really popular this year with my customers.  

I've also done a bit of stitching.  I don't know why I can't take a good picture, but this looks all catawonkie. This will be off to the framers next week.  I've been wanting to stitch this one for my kitchen for ages.  It's called "Rise and Shine" and it's by Bent Creek.


My next stitching finish was SO much fun!  I just love the salt box houses, and I didn't even have to change any colors.  They go perfectly with my decor.  This is called "Salt Box Neighborhood" and is by Cherry Hill Stitchery.  I've not stitched anything by this designer before, but I do plan to add a few more to my stash. VERY cute designs!  This one will be going to the framers next week, also.  I can't wait to get them back and hang them on my wall.  :)



I've also been working on my BOAF Santa's.  I'm on my third one (there are 4).  I started them last year, put them aside, totally forgot about them, and found them again the other day.  Sometimes I question my sanity. I can't figure out why I put them down in the first place.  Anyway, I have an old wooden bread bowl that I plan to display them in (IF I finish them).  I'm famous for finishing the stitching but not doing the finish-finish part.  I don't really know why because I love to sew.  Sometimes I have a hard time deciding how to finish them, so they go in the drawer until the idea comes to me.  If I didn't change my mind all the time, it would be so much easier.  Relate much?  ;)

Well, I think I'll head off to the sewing room.  My mind is swimming with ideas that I want to do.  I wonder if I will settle on one?  I hope so.  I'm in the mood to be creative today.  

Thank you for stopping by!  I appreciate your visits and comments so much.  They truly make my day (yes, I'm easy to please!).  I hope you have a wonderful Halloween!  




11 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Girl! I absolutely adore the Happy Harvest Quilted piece you did. That would be PERFECT in my house. You can just ship it on over for me! :)

Jeanne said...

Great projects!! Love all your towels and that autumn wallhanging looks very familiar to me...I think I have that book by Debbie Mumm. :)

Your saltbox finish is very cute too...I just made some project bags out of fabric that looks amazingly like it!

AdelaidesCorner said...

Great projects, but I sure love those towels.

Rita said...

Wow! You've been busy! Everything looks great.

Robin said...

Wonderful finishes, Carolyn! You have been busy!

Enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the towels.

lroghair/lparks said...

Along with everyone else, I'm totally crushing on those towels!! Awesome!!

Teresa Rawson said...

Cute towels! I'm with you on the speed of time passage...zeesh! It's hard to stay caught up these days!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

CrazyCatLady said...

Lovely job on the towels! Just curious -- what do you use for the white fabric in your towels? I too am into machine embroidery and would like to make some towels for Christmas gifts. I enjoy your blog!

Catherine said...

Lovely projects and stitches!! Love the towels!

Maggee said...

Great stitching finishes!
And love the embroidered towels... do you sell them? I heard Christmas music on the radio today--boy, are they pushing the season. But I love hearing the music and seeing the nice, wholesome movies... so push on! Hugs!