Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy First Day of Fall!

Oh how I love fall.  I would dearly LOVE to live somewhere that had four seasons, especially a beautiful fall. I had the pleasure just once in my life to experience the beautiful colors when I was in Wisconsin many years back.  It was so beautiful - reminded me of a Norman Rockwell  painting.  It is truly God's beauty at it's finest.  Here in Southeast Texas we don't have much of a fall, so I take advantage of the few days that we DO have and open a window or two and let some fresh air in.

I've been a sewing fool lately.  I have lots that aren't completely finished yet, so I'll hold off posting about that, but will show you the few things that I HAVE finished.

I enjoyed stitching this design so much.  I love the red house and the little bird perched on top like he's the lookout man.  So fun.  :)


Next up is a little kitchen towel that I embellished with an applique cherry and some fabric.  I love cherries. They make me smile.  I have quite a few more towels done and will share those next time.  


This is a little fall tabletopper that I made this weekend.  I finished up the binding last night and it's now on my kitchen table.  I love making little quilts to stick here and there in my home.  I think it makes it seem "cozy". :)


This is another little tabletopper.  I don't even know where the blocks came from (probably a block exchange or bee exchange), but I had 4 of them in my stash, so I played around, put them together, and now I have another little quilt to tuck in somewhere.  


I put out a bit of my fall decor this weekend, so these were just a little added bonus to what I already had.  Do you decorate for fall?  I don't do a whole lot because we decorate for Christmas so early.  I do love the colors of Autumn.  

Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by!  Do come again, okay? :)

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh how I would love to see the seasons change! We have to drive about 2 hours to see the fall colors. I love your little quilties. I need to bust out my fall decor myself. Maybe this weekend!

Maggee said...

I do not recognize the designer of the stitched piece...but I really like it too! I hope to get a little bit of sewing done this fall also. We definitely get fall here! The temps are cooler but the leaves have not yet begun to turn. Next month. Hugs!

Rita said...

I miss the fall foliage from "up North". When I saw someone post a beautiful fall foliage picture online our first fall here, I sat here and cried.

Beautiful work, as always.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your stitched piece and your little quilts are all fabulous! I do love the change of seasons we get here, the Fall colors really are beautiful!

Robin said...

Lovely quilt table toppers, Carolyn! I really like your stitched piece. Who is the designer?

I took down the patriotic things and put the fall/harvest things up on my wrought iron tree yesterday.

Enjoy your day!

Robin in Virginia

Blu said...

Lovely stitching and the quilts are very cute!

Deborah said...

Love all your finished pieces. I love the change of seasons.

Catherine said...

Wonderful pieces! I love the change of the seasons!

Escargopotte bordados said...

very nice blog !

Marie said...

I am not sure how I survived in TX without the beauty of the Fall. I am in heaven with the gorgeous foliage right now. :-)

Your table toppers are wonderful. I was quilting most of the day ~ haven't done that in a while!

Love your stitched piece as well.

Karen said...

Too much cuteness!!!