Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Easter....almost

Hello there, friends~

Oh what glorious weather we've had here in South Texas for the last week.  I almost hate to even talk about it knowing that so many of you are still being hit hard with winter storms.  I would dearly LOVE to have snow, but not what y'all are being blasted with.  The temperatures have been in the 60's-70's during the day and cool at night, but along with these wonderful temperatures come the influx of pollen. OH.MY.GOSH.  The pollen is KILLER!  It wouldn't be so bad if we'd get a bit of rain.  I'm praying that some will come this next week.  That's what Mr. Weatherman is saying, anyway.  It will definitely help those of us with allergies.

We finally have everything put back together from the water leak, so I've been doing a bit of crafting.  I have two small quilt tops ready to be quilted and bound.  These were so fun and the colors so bright and cheerful.  As most of you know, I love anything red, anything with polka dots and love cherries, too, so the fabrics in these were right up my alley.  :)

(all pictures are clickable for a larger view)
  
Pattern from "Back to Charm School" by Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene


Pattern from "3 Times the Charm" by Me & My Sister Designs

These are two of my MOST favorite books to use for quilting with charm packs.  They are so fun!

I've also done a bit of stitching in the evening.  I finished this little Easter project that I started last year and had totally forgotten about until I was pilfering through my stitching basket and came across it. 



"Easter Peep" by WTNT

I haven't decided how I will finish it off, but I'm thinking a little pillow for my basket.  :)

The two WIPS that I've been rotating are "Houses of Hawk Run Hollow" and "And They Sinned".  I started HoHRH back in 2004.  Pitiful.  I'm going to finish it this year if it kills me.  I really enjoy stitching on it and don't understand why I put it down to begin with.  Here is where I am as of today:


Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
March 28. 2013


And They Sinned
March 28, 2013

I haven't stitched on ATS in a couple of weeks, but plan to pick it up next week.  I've just been having too much fun with HoHRH.  :)

I've still been working on my stash sale list.  I have a TON of 28 count fabric that I'm wanting to sell.  If there is anything in particular that you might be looking for, email me and I'll see if I have it before adding it to the list.  I plan to try to have the list posted by the end of next week.  

I would like to take a second to tell each of you how much you mean to me.  It amazes me how "small" our world becomes when we are able to be in contact with people from all over via the net.  So many of you I would never have had the pleasure to know had it not been for this little, ole blog.  Thank all of you for your sweet comments and emails.  I appreciate each of them so much!  I just love all of my "blogging friends".  :)

Happy Easter to each and every one of you.  I hope your day is blessed.

Bye now,
Carolyn  


30 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

He is Risen! Almost.

Catherine said...

Beautiful projects!! Can you send those temps my way?
Happy Easter to you!

Chris said...

What wonderful projects Carolyn! The quilts are gorgeous!
I love your stitching. Yo are making great progress.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What pretty quilt tops you have created, Carolyn! I really like your little "peep" piece. Your WIPs looks super; way to go!

Have a blessed Easter weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Carol said...

Oh, your little chick finish is adorable, Carolyn!! And you're right--you simply must finish Houses at HRH this year--it is too pretty to keep hidden any longer! But, I know from experience just how long those big, old houses take to stitch :)

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend!

Patty C. said...

Happy Easter ;)

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

I love your Quilt...this is so pretty.........

Your Stitching is looking great....keep up the beautiful progress on both of your WIP's.

Happy Easter Weekend

Caitlin Jordan said...

Happy Easter :D Such gorgeous stitching :D

Melody said...

Beautiful finish of the little chick, it is so cute! HoHRH is coming along. I really like that piece.

Happy Easter

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maggee said...

I did Easter Peep too, and he is hanging up for now... May change it after today, may not! Nice quilt tops...do you quilt them too, or send them out? Happy Easter!

Claire said...

Happy Easter, cute stitching.x

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Well bless my soul! What great projects you hav going! Like you, I love anything with red in it, too! Both quilts are wonderful. Love HoHRH but I knew I'd never get thru that sucker. Stitching all those houses would drive me to drink more! I do admire you, and everyone else, that takes it on!
Your ATS looks great and you'be passed the cloud! It's all downhill after that. Well, until you reach the grass but even that wasn't as bad as the cloud for some reason.
I expected to something of your grand babies for Easter. Hope all is well!

TinaTx said...

Girlfriend, you have been busy! You have me thinking about pulling out one of my (many) large WIPs but I need to finish what I am working on now or it will end up as another WIP.
Maybe we can chat sometime this week.

Anna said...

tres tres joli)))

Anne said...

Gorgeous quilt Carolyn!! Love the little peep. He's so cute! Good luck on your WIP's!! They are both so beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona said...

Your quilt tops are beautiful. The Easter chick is very cute. Your two WIPs are coming along nicely.