Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello friends,

I hope you are having a good week so far.  I've been busy working in my sewing room and doing a bit of finishing on some of my stitched pieces.  I pulled out the tub the other day and was surprised at how many "finished but need to be finished" things were in there.  I pulled a few out and thought I'd share them with you.  All of the pictures should be clickable for a larger view.

This first one is by Lizzie Kate.  I stitched it several years ago and couldn't decide how to finish it.  I made it into a pillow for my basket.  I LOVE the fabric that I used on it.  "Do you see what I see"....love it!

This next one is a Lizzie Kate, too, and may have even been a freebie.  It's been so long since I stitched these that I can't remember.  Another pillow...



 The next two I made into ornaments.  They are the perfect size for my tree.  I just love their little top hats.



"Wonderland" by Bent Creek made into another pillow.




Here they all are together.  I can't wait to use them to decorate this year. 


I'm really getting in the mood to drag out the Christmas decorations.  I normally start the week/weekend of November 11th, which is my son's birthday.  I put up quite a few trees, and it takes a while to get it all together. I love it!  We'll see if it happens this coming weekend.

Well, I'm off to stitch and watch Dancing With the Stars.  I hope you are all getting some time to stitch or sew or quilt or whatever makes you happy!

Thank you for visiting, and don't forget to exercise your right to vote tomorrow!

Love and hugs,

Carolyn

24 comments:

Carol said...

Your ornaments look wonderful, Carolyn--each one is so special!

Off to watch Dancing With the Stars myself :)

Barb said...

I love the finishes. I agree, the blue fabric is just perfect!

Carolyn @ The Baseball Stitcher said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love the blue fabric!

I used to try to have my house decorated by my daughter's birthday on Nov. 19th. Getting all the stuff out is SO much fun! Enjoy it!

Nicola said...

I see what you see.

They are all beautifully stitched and finished.

I hope you enjoyed DWTS living in the UK i have to watch it in bits on youtube. One of my favourite programs.

Annette-California said...

You finished your ornaments beautifully. Love all the fabrics you've chosen and especially the blue fabric - Perfect. How exciting, you have all these new ornaments to display this year.
love Annette

Shari said...

every single one looks great!!!! I really really love the first one....can you tell me what store you found the blue background fabric at?? that is my favorite Christmas Carol!!!!

Chris said...

Wonderful finishing!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So very sweet! Each and every one :)

Vickie said...

Great job! Wow, so many! Good for you.

Barbara said...

So cute!!! Love them all....and you of course.
Louie

Fiona said...

Great finishes and I'm sure the will fit perfectly in your home.

Cindy's Stitching said...

they are all so pretty. Yes, they will look great for the holiday decor.

BrendaS said...

Carolyn -- LOVE all your finishes! You've been a busy lady:)

Mouse said...

awwwww that fabric is perfect :)love all your wee finishes ... can't wait to have mine on display either :) love mouse xxxx

Ranae said...

Wowza!
I love your collection of ornies
The finishes are all fabulous

TinaTx said...

They all look great! When you get finished with your decorating will you do mine?

coral said...

Gorgeous pillows...and finished so beautifully. Love Coral

Robin said...

Love the finished finishes! They look great!

una sognatrice newyorkese said...

Beautiful ornaments !!!!
Ezia.

*-* said...


I love all your "finished" finishes, & they do look great together.
I'm about to start the Christmas decorating this afternoon. Normally I start on Advent weekend, life interrupted this time. :)
Like you, I love all the festivities, ornaments & baking etc.
Kay.

Rachel said...

BEAUTIFUL ornaments! Those snowmen are adorable.

Your stitching and finishing is lovely!

Gray Bonnet said...

These are just gorgeous! I wish I was such a talented finisher!

Altax said...

Awesome!!! Everything looks great.

Kids Games

Sharon said...

Love them, love them, love them! thanks for putting a Christmas smile on my face! :)